Want your skin to stay gorgeous all summer? With the weather getting warmer we’ll be having fun under the sun and maybe a few cocktails too many. This lifestyle will deplete our body of water and vitamins, causing dark circles under our eyes, uneven skin tone, acne, and wrinkles.
To combat these undesirable traits, I’ve created a simple anti-aging grocery list. When shopping, try choosing organic goods if possible and keep an eye out for any sales.
Keeping these anti-aging foods in your kitchen and making it a part of your diet will help your skin naturally fight against the sun’s harmful UV rays and show off clear, supple, and youthful glowing skin. Maybe you’ll look a year younger this summer!
- Walnuts: Helps with stress management and mood, preventing skin disorders and wrinkles.
- Almonds: High in antioxidants it’s also detoxifying and healing for the skin keeping it strong. Almonds are the most nutritionally dense nut.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Fights bacteria that can cause acne and helps to regenerate cells.
- Sunflower Seeds: Calms the body and allows better blood flow to skin, keeping it healthy.
- Flax Seeds: Moisturizes and evens out skin tone.
After creating this list I realize I need all of these nuts!
- Goji Berries: Amazing amounts of anti-oxidants. It’s also healing, stimulates collagen production, retains moisture, and helps keep skin clear.
- Papaya: Naturally exfoliates the skin.
- Peach: Excellent for moisturizing the skin and healing the skin quickly.
- Apple: Best for toning and conditioning the skin. Also increases collagen and elasticity of the skin.
- Avocado: Healthy fats and phytonutrients help moisturize the skin.
- Grapefruit/Oranges: Helps decongest the skin, reduce cellulite, and tones the skin.
Goji berries are a must for your pantry since they’re dried and won’t spoil as quickly.
- Black Kale (top) tastes better than curly kale (bottom) : Detoxifying and high in anti-oxidant. Promotes healthy blood circulation, fights wrinkles, and keeps your skin clear and glowing.
- Spinach: Helps prevent acne, blemishes, and other skin conditions. It’s healing for the skin and great for overall health.
- Red/Green Cabbage: Detoxifying, healing, moisturizes skin and promotes supple and glowing skin.
- Beets: It is anti-inflammatory, fights blemishes, moisturizes skin, and helps get rid of those unwanted dark circles,
I love how I can get away with putting black kale or spinach in my morning smoothies without my boyfriend noticing.
- Red Beans, Red Kidney Beans, and Pinto Beans, Black Beans: Contains the highest amount of antioxidants among beans.
- Garbanzo Beans/Green Beans: Helps heal the skin and prevents acne.
- Peas: Good for keeping your skin rejuvenated and prevents dullness.
I had no idea beans were so good for us, even better, they don’t lose their nutritional value when cooked! Time to stock up on canned beans!
These fish have the highest Omega’s.
They’re low in contaminants and have either no or low mercury.
Nutrients prevent dryness, dark circles, acne, pimples, and promote healthier cell structure in the skin.
- Wild Salmon
- Black Cod
- Rainbow or Golden Trout
- Pacific Halibut
I love knowing that farmed mussels are delicious and safe for the environment.
- Yogurt: Cleansing, moisturizing, reduces discoloration, relieves sun burn, and anti-bacterial so it fights acne.
I love how yogurt is a great snack between meals and keeps bad breath away.
You may have better luck finding white button or crimini mushrooms at your local grocery store
- White Button/Crimini: Fights wrinkles, anti-inflammatory, and a safer way of consuming Niacin than supplements. Niacin is known for skin strengthening and increasing blood flow to the skin.
- Shiitake: Anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and immune enhancing, promoting healthier skin. Encourages skin cell renewal, blocks skin aging proteins, and naturally lightens the skin helping to fade sun spots and acne scars.
- Oyster: Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial
I’ve never been a mushroom fan because of the flavor, but I’ve learned an Italian appetizer that helped me eat white button mushrooms. Raw sliced white button mushrooms, drizzle some olive oil, squeeze a little lemon, and salt and pepper to taste!
Here’s a summary of the anti-aging grocery list for your convenience:
Raw and Unsalted Nuts: Walnuts, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Flax Seeds.
Fruits: Goji Berries, Papaya, Peach, Apple, Avocado, Grapefruit/Oranges.
Vegetables: Black Kale, Spinach, Red/Green Cabbage, Beets.
Beans/Legumes: Red Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Beans.
Fish/Seafood: Wild Salmon, Anchovy, Sardines, Black Cod, Rainbow or Golden Trout, Pacific Halibut, Mussels, Oysters.
Dairy: Yogurt – try to go with organic and whole instead of nonfat.
Mushrooms/Fungi: White Button, Crimini, Shiitake, Oyster.